Présentation

Que vous soyez membre du club ou simple visiteur venez nous parlez de vous d'abord !
N1ghtraven
Gobelin bigleux
Gobelin bigleux
Prénom : Fábio

Présentation

Message par N1ghtraven »

Hello everybody.
My name is Fábio, I'm 37 years from Portugal.
I'm looking to find a D&D group that plays in english. I've played for 1 year back in Portugal and I miss playing the game.

I've found about your site on the store L'Autre Monde.
I still don't speak french so that's why I'm searching for english speaking games.
Fenrisulven
Maître site
Maître site
Prénom : Nicolas

Re: Présentation

Message par Fenrisulven »

Hello Fabio, and welcome on this forum.

To tell you the truth, in this club, we always played in French in the past, never had an English RPG game inside the club as far as I know. Also, all the members I ever met in the club were French speakers, sometimes not speaking English.

I won't lie to you, it will probably be hard to find players wanting to play in English. Maybe a few of them could be interested for a one-shot game in English for educational purposes (it can be a damn good way to perfect the mastery of English, and I personnally wouldn't say no for fun) but I have doubts regarding the possibility to find enough people to play full-time in English amongst our members.
Fenrisulven alias Nico

Maître Site de la Guilde
g36Chris
Tarasque
Tarasque
Prénom : Christiana

Message par g36Chris »

Hello Fabio, welcome :biggrin:

As said Nico, we're only playing in french here, and I honestly don't know if other people are speaking English here... Anyway, we start the campaigns in September, so if you're looking to play a long run on D&D, it won't be possible. We're having one-shots every two-weeks (this sunday, and then in two weeks), it could be possible to ask a game master to make one in English, if they're up to. Anyway, feel free to ask if you have questions, have a nice weekend :lol:
Trans girl and Potterhead ? Well, sh*t...
pierjac
Grand ancien
Grand ancien
Prénom : PJ

Message par pierjac »

Hello Fábio,

First of all, welcome to our club!

Then, as my fellow guild members already told you, few of us speak English on a regular basis. In any case, I don't.

That being said, we might be able to gather a group in two weeks in order to give it a try as I see that Chris and Nico seem to be ready to play D&D in its original language. So, would you be interested for a D&D "one-shot" with pre-generated characters?

Take care :mrgreen:
PJ
Stéphane81
Déva astral
Déva astral
Prénom : Stéphane

Message par Stéphane81 »

Welcome !

ImageImage
N1ghtraven
Gobelin bigleux
Gobelin bigleux

Message par N1ghtraven »

Thank you all for the welcome.

I can understand, the language barrier can be complicated, yeah I'll be up for some one-shots in english.

At this moment I really just want to start playing again :mrgreen:
pierjac
Grand ancien
Grand ancien

Message par pierjac »

N1ghtraven a écrit : 05 mars 2023, 13:12 At this moment I really just want to start playing again :mrgreen:
Alright then! First, I'll check with the executive board wether they agree with the principle of letting us play in English during our sessions. Then I'll see what I can do for the next "open table" :mrgreen: If everything goes as planned, we'll be playing D&D together Sunday 19th :cool:
PJ
N1ghtraven
Gobelin bigleux
Gobelin bigleux

Message par N1ghtraven »

Ok, thank you.
Hopefully Sunday 19th we'll play in english :biggrin:
pierjac
Grand ancien
Grand ancien

Message par pierjac »

Hi!

Good news, we can play in English Sunday 19th :mrgreen:

So, I'll make the announcement for the table early next week (probably monday late at night). :cool:

Take care!
PJ
g36Chris
Tarasque
Tarasque
Prénom : Christiana

Message par g36Chris »

Hey, I'm truly sorry, but I can't be there the 19th... I had a family meeting on Saturday, but we had to move it to Sunday... :confused:
Trans girl and Potterhead ? Well, sh*t...
Répondre